When adding notes to invoices there are different ways to do so depending on the scenario.
- "I would like to add a custom note to all my invoices."
In this case, you don't want to be adding a note every time you create a new invoice, you would like a generic note for all invoices. Below are the simple steps to get this done:
1) Open Invoicing.
2) Click on Settings.
3) Navigate All Computers >> Program Settings >> General, and under Program Preferences, you will find Note for all invoices. Here you can type in the note and then click Apply.
- "I would like to add a special instruction on a specific menu item, for example, the customer would like to Eat Here or Take Away"
Note: Item Notes should never be used to add or remove items, as adding or removing affects the stock, and adding a note will not adjust the stock accordingly.
1) Start a New Order.
2) Ring up the customer's order for this example the customer would like a Club Pizza and they would like to have a crispy base.
3) Now add the customer's note, by clicking on Item Note on the right-hand side.
4) Now add the item note, then click OK.
- "I would like to add a note to the invoice with regards to the delivery"
Note: Invoice Notes should never be used to add or remove items, as adding or removing affects the stock, and adding a note will not adjust the stock accordingly.
1) Select a blank line, then click on Note.
2) Now add the invoice note, then click OK.