Aura Counter POS covers the sales and customer interaction features of the Aura POS suite; Counter POS is no longer installed along with its BackOffice counterpart but is now run from Google Chrome as a web link that all cashiers can access from any preferred device.
Below is a list of minimum requirements for Aura Counter POS:
- Backoffice Machine needs to run Windows 10;
- Tills needs to run Windows 8.1;
- Google Chrome version 87 or higher installed on the server and tills;
- The following services released (Counter POS, Mobile Integration, Payment Integration, Backoffice services);
- The latest version of Kitchen Workflow Manager software;
Let's begin with setting up Google Chrome with the new Aura Counter POS link;
Before starting you will need to install Google Chrome v87 or higher, you can download and install Google Chrome here if you already have it installed you don't need to download it again.
Google Chrome can be set up in Kiosk Mode. This allows Google Chrome users to utilize a single window of their computer. Simply this means it blocks the user’s access to any other part of the computer and will enable the browser to always open to Aura Counter POS, preventing staff from accessing any other pages in chrome.
If you want to set up kiosk mode in Google Chrome, here is our full guide on how to do it on your computer.
Step 1: Open the Google Chrome window on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the user account icon on the upper left corner of the Chrome window, and then click on Add.
Now select "Continue without an account"
Step 3: Under Add person and give a name to the account. For example "Cashier", then select any icon of your choice for the account. Make sure, Create a desktop shortcut for this user option is checked. Finally, click on Add at the bottom right corner of the window to complete the process.
Step 4: A new Chrome browser window will open for the Cashier account. Once the window has opened click on the 3 vertical dots to access the browser settings.
On the right-hand side select On startup;
Now select Open a specific page or set of pages and select Add a new page;
Now type http://127.0.0.1:9079 if you are accessing it from the server, if you accessing it from a till you will need to type in the server IP address instead of 127.0.0.1 for example the server IP address might be 10.0.0.50 so you would type HTTP;//10.0.0.50:9079 then click Add, this will enable the browser to always open to Aura Counter POS, preventing staff from accessing any other pages in chrome.
Close all Google Chrome windows which are open on your computer, then go to the desktop and then right-click on the new chrome shortcut and then click on Properties.
Step 5: In the Properties window, go to the Shortcut tab, then add “ -kiosk” at the end of the Target field.
It is very important to type " -kiosk" : space hyphen kiosk (no inverted commas)
Then finally, click on Apply to save the changes on your computer.
Once applied click on Change Icon...
Select Browse... and then go to the following folder This PC > Windows (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Alphapos > Aura
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Alphapos\Aura" and scroll down and select any of the items that have a symbol like below:
This will change the icon to match the Aura Counter POS logo.
Once you have selected the correct item, click on Open, it will then close the browsing tool and show the icon you have selected, from here click OK
You will notice the icon has changed, now proceed to Apply the changes and then click OK.
Before jumping into counter POS, re-open the normal Google Chrome shortcut on the desktop and make sure to UN-TICK "Show on Startup", then close the browser and re-open it.
(DO not open the new shortcut you have created)
Once you are done setting up Google Chrome, you can open the browser shortcut you have just created to start adding the settings to Counter POS.
To do this wait for the page to load then click on Settings in the bottom left corner.
Once the Settings page loads you will see the below menu:
- Device - This ID is automatically generated, it is used to identify the device in Aura;
- Store - This is where you will find the store information, the information will be auto-filled once the registration is completed. Note the vat rate can not be edited;
- General - This is where you will need to add the currency format, for example in SA the currency symbol is "R"
Please ensure Debug Mode is off;
- Server - This is where you will type the store's server IP address;
- Menu - This is where you will select the relevant menu for the device if the IP address in the server field is incorrect the menu will not download;
- Printers - This is where you will need to select the printing mode and the printer that will be printing the invoices; (Please click here for the steps on how to install or add your printer)
Character Width should be 42 if the paper is the width of a credit card roll or 48 if the paper is 80mm wide
The bottom Margin should always be 200;
- Get Settings From Server - This is only used when you want to manually sync all settings with the server;
The only information you will need to add or change in Settings are the following:
- Add the server IP address;
- Choose the correct menu for the device;
- Add the currency symbol;
- Choose the printing mode and printer;
All other information will auto-fill from the server once synced.