Once you have selected Sale, you will be presented with the below screen;
The Invoice screen has been divided into 5 parts;
- Invoice Information - This part displays the information about the invoice
for example; Transaction type; Customer information, Order # & Sales channel "Cashier Sale"
- Basket - This part shows you all the needed information with regards to the sale
for example; selected menu items, invoice total, and it also gives you the options to discount, change the quantity, add notes, or void line times
- Invoice Controls - This part allows you to choose what needs to happen to the invoice
for example; pay the invoice, re-print the invoice, add a customer, choose a sales channel, and latest feature making a New Sale without having to go back to the Summary page saving you time when the lines are busy
- Menu Categories - The categories allow the cashier to quickly find menu items based on the category it belongs to
- Menu Items/Options - This part is known as the menu item selector, once a category has been selected you are able to select the menu item and choose from the available options while being able to see the Invoice information at all times
After you have added the item to the basket, it is always important to press Save;
When adding items to the basket, you will notice a small block with a number inside, these are quantity indicators, for example, having 50 buddy drinks will add a quantity indicator of 50 on the Cold Drinks category and the buddy option.
Having multiple items in your basket will be indicated by multiple quantity indicators.
When a menu item is added to the basket you will on some occasions be presented with orange boxes in the category field, when a box is orange it represents optional additions to the selected menu item.
These items will then be added to the basket as per below example.
But on some occasions the options will be presented as a red box which indicates required additions, in this case it is required to choose the options presented by each red box.
Now, let's add a note;
When no items are selected, an Invoice Note will be added;
- Invoice Note - Specific request or instruction with regards to the entire invoice
example of invoice note: "When delivering ask for the customer at reception"
When an item has been selected, an Item Note will be added;
- Item Note - Specific request or instruction with regards to the item, it is important to note that you can not use item note that would affect the stock quantity or prices like adding or removing toppings
example of item note: "Buddy coke should be room temperature"
When submitting an Item Note it will appear as a new line underneath the Item;
Now that we can add notes, let's pay for the order;
Payments are done in the Invoice Control section, you will have the following payment methods:
- Card (Debit/Credit)
- Other pmt (Online)
- Account (Linked to Sales Channels)
When paying the order you will notice some large denominations on the left-hand side, this is based on the most commonly captured amounts, once the total has been added, you will need to click on the green tick which will automatically send the order to the kitchen.
When a payment has been received the change will be shown and the payment option will dim and the menu will disappear, stopping the cashier from taking another payment or making changes to the invoice.
Adding a tip - When adding a cash tip the amount will appear as Change, when adding an amount for a tip to any other payment it will appear as a tip:
From here you can either start a New Sale by tapping/clicking on New Sale or return to the Summary Tab by clicking/tapping on Summary.